torsdag den 24. juli 2014

Mad cow disease in my blood !


I discovered that our employees could donate blood at the plant in Grand Forks. People from the local blood bank had come up with all their equipment and were ready to receive blood. Many of our staff used their lunch break to give a portion. I was inspired by their sacrifice, so I was also written up to provide blood.


Everyone thought it was great that a Dane would give blood to a U.S. blood bank, but it would prove to be difficult one expected.

First they took my pulse - It was 44 beats per minute. They thought immediately that I was sick, and it took some time to explain that I actually just was in good shape and spent much time training. The person responsible for blood donation told that they very rarely had people with low heart rate - Actually, she did not think she had seen someone with such a low pulse this year. - I was however allowed to continue.

But then the next problem that I came from Denmark. We have once many years ago had mad cow disease - And the Americans are afraid to get it into the country, I could not give blood. I was just wondering ...... Well they are not asking where else I had been within the last 5 years. I believe that - Brazil - India - China - Spain - Poland - Dominican Republic and where else have I been ..... Would be a problem too.

I really tried to help. The most strange thing is that I also give blood in Denmark. Here they have no problems with my blood. Maybe they know that I do not have mad cow disease ......... Or maybe we just all mad cow disease without knowing it.

Ingen kommentarer: