lørdag den 14. maj 2016

More than I could ask for !

After a good week at the factory in Gaspe / Canada, where everything almost succeed, I had reached Friday afternoon. My two colleagues who had helped make audits, had taken the plane back home to North Dakota, so I had to intertain yourself. And what was more natural than to take my running clothes on .... take my rented car and drive out of Forillo National park to get a really great workout.




I got what I came for - a fantastic experience. Where nature is at its best. Mixed forest - the rugged coast - wind - sun and a very demanding terrain to run. I did not believe it could be better.


But on the run I passed a strange hedgehog (large animals) and a few rodents watchfully followed me with the eyes. - And then a real wake up call..............In a clearing in the woods stood a large adult black bear. There were only 50 meters between us. I stopped immediately - Groping for my phone to take a picture, while I kept my eyes fixed on the bear. I took a series of pictures - the bear did not look at me, but it was probably aware that I was looking.


After five minute I ran quietly on the path, and I could see myself  looking over my shoulder several times, but the bear was not behind me.
I was quite high after this run. Both because of the many experiences and probably also the adrealin which whizzed around in the blood after the meeting with the bear.


It does not seem that my work is to teach others about safety - But I also have an inner urge to experience things located right on the edge - And I got more that I could ask for on this run in Canada's natural

Ingen kommentarer: